Mr. Welder to Jail

Can you believe this!?!? Mr. Welder stole from me again! I'm taking him to jail! I noticed my peg board missing more pegs. It always lacked one peg. You may remember, I mentioned this project a long time ago. And it is kind of funny that this project is still laying around, complete for the most part, just not installed. It has another part that I don't think I've shared. We may NOW have to do some peg moving to make the components work, but I do still plan to use this jewel no matter how many pegs it has. I will try to be kind and leave Mr. Welder's welding leads hanging nice and neat.
We (well, mainly Mr. Welder with me freaking out thinking it was going to crash) moved in our newest purchase. It's huge and solid oak.
Has two bookcases for each side.
An entertainment center.
Mr. Welder found it at Restore when he went Saturday to look for the garage storage cabinet. It just came in and actually came with a huge TV and sound system. He left the TV but brought home the sound system in hopes we can use it somewhere. We've been shopping around for an entertainment center for the den (and also something for the master bedroom TV), so he knew this was a deal when he saw it. Of course, it will not look like this when we are finished with it. We have makeover plans. The little glass knobs will definitely go-pretty but look goofy on such a huge piece. Doors will be added, glass will be removed, different hardware installed and a paint and distressing job will take place. I can't wait to get started. I know it sounds like a lot of work, but this really is the size and basic layout we've been searching. And the price could not be beat by a long shot. Plus, we're pretty much attracted to work, if you haven't noticed.
For the remainder of the evening, Mr. Welder did some welding. He is building racks for all of our leftover wood.
And I worked more on the game room table. The curvy legs bring back fond (yes, I am saying that sarcastically) memories of scraping all those door panels. Tedious but at least it's a project I can do without having to pester Mr. Welder. And I have a feeling the end results will be quite gratifying.

Comments

Popular Posts